Dragon Magazine #130 February 1988, Fantasy Role-Playing Game Materials Mostly for Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition Good/Very Good
This listing is for a vintage copy of Dragon Magazine #130 published in February 1988 by TSR.
Dragon Magazine was the premier magazine for role-playing games. It ceased print publication in 2007 but lives on in a digital format. I always looked forward to getting Dragon Magazine in the mail or at my local hobby shop. It was always packed full of fun stuff to expand your Dungeons and Dragons game. Sometimes it even had information on other TSR games and occasional articles on other companies' games. It also had short stories, comics, and reviews.
In the early days, some of the luminaries of the game, like Gary Gygax, would contribute an article or two. A good time was always had by all!
This 104-page issue includes the following content:
- 7 The Arcane Arts:
- Without Merlin, where would Arthur have been?
- 8 Get the Most From Your Magic John N. Kean
- Dweomers are forever: long-duration spells for maximum effect.
- 16 Arcane Lore Len Carpenter
- From Oriental Adventures to Western campaigns: new spells for the casting.
- 22 Hold On to Your Illusions! Brian Tillotson
- Can a 6th-level illusionist create an army of 20th-level paladins? Well, almost.
- 28 The Faces of Magic John N. Kean
- Sometimes a wizard should look like anything but.
- 34 Better Living Through Alchemy Tom Armstrong
- Alchemists and their magical trade, from potions to poisons.
- 42 Shark-killer fiction by Carol Severance
- Having abandoned her god, a warrior faces her worst enemy alone.
- 50 The Game Wizards Jon Pickens
- Where the magic goes: more on the second-edition AD&D® game.
- 54 The Dragon's Bestiary John M. Maxstadt
- A mutant plant that only a GAMMA WORLD® game GM could love.
- 56 Miniatures in Wonderland Robert Bigelow
- Role-play 100,000 dwarves at once, at the 1988 GEN CON®/ORIGINS Games Fair!
- 58 Keeping a Good Watch Ryan Grindstaff
- Who watches the watch men? Try these TOP SECRET® game timepieces.
- 62 Dungeon Etiquette Jody Lynn Nye
- The paladin's on Tatooine and the wizard's in Dreamland What's a DM to do?
- 64 The Oriental Sea Margaret Foy
- Maritime might comes to Oriental Adventures.
- 70 If Looks Could Kill Malcolm Bowers
- A direct look at gaze weapons and the monsters who use them.
- 80 The Marvel®-Phile Jeff Grubb
- Scourge picks up the tab at the bar with no name!
- 86 The Role of Computers Hartley, Patricia, and Kirk Lesser
- The best of the best: Wizardry IV, Phantasie III, and Sanxion!
- 3 Letters
- 12 Gamers Guide
- 94 Convention Calendar
- 4 World Gamers Guide
- 13 Index to Advertisers
- 98 SnarfQuest
- 6 Forum
- 92 Dragonmirth
- 101 Wormy
One of the things about being a magic-user, as cover artist Linda Medley shows, is that you never have to worry about not having anyone to talk to. The lady's froggie familiar seems to think differently about the matter, though, but that's a frog for you.
The cover shows some corner rounding and edge wear. There is a sticker on the cover. The inside is nice and clean showing only corner and edge wear.
Please note, I have only graded the magazine for any major flaws. If you are concerned about the specific condition or want to make sure it has a specific article or module, please contact me and I will go over the magazine with a fine-tooth comb!
Please look at the pictures and contact me if you have any questions.
Most of my packing supplies are reused, so don't be too surprised if you have a combination of paper, airbags, and whatever else I have laying around.
I would be happy to wrap your gift purchase at no charge and write a personal note on the packing slip. Just add a note to the shopping cart at check-out.
- Item Info/Title: Dragon Magazine #130
- Publisher/Manufacturer: TSR
- Game System: Various
- Author: Various
- No. of Pages: 104
- Format: Magazine
- Year Published: 1988